Download a copy here (PDF)
The Amersham Local Directory Limited
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to any product or services provided by The Amersham Local Directory Limited and will be binding on the Client. Please read them carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
- In this document, the following expressions have the following meanings:
“We” or “Us” means The Amersham Local Directory Limited, with a registered address of Unit 5C Corinium Industrial Estate, Raans Road, Amersham, Buckinghamshire, HP6 6YJ, trading as ‘Local Directory’
- The Client means the person or company who expressly or otherwise accepts a verbal or written quotation from us for advertising, leaflet distribution, printing, online directory listing, design services, or any other service that may be offered at the time.
Advertisements and Artwork:
- It is the client’s responsibility to supply the artwork and is considered as final and approved for printing, subject to meeting our Artwork Checklist. We accept no responsibility for errors or omissions in the artwork or design or the print quality of any advert supplied at a lower resolution.
- Where the Client has instructed us to design the artwork, this will be conducted in accordance with our Artwork Checklist policy and requires the express approval from the Client before printing. Once approved, we accept no responsibility for errors or omissions in the artwork or design.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure any changes to the artwork, design or copy is communicated to us in a timely manner and in any case, prior to the relevant copy deadline. Details of our deadlines for printing are available on request.
- All advertisements are accepted by us on the understanding that they are copyright free or that you have the express permission to use such intellectual copyright. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert, as defined by the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1998. It is the client’s responsibility to acquire any necessary permission for the use of any intellectual copyright that is used in their advertisement, editorial, article, or any other content. If in doubt, we recommend that you seek independent legal advice, where appropriate.
- If the advert copy is in MS Word/PPT/PUB/Excel format or similar, we will convert it into PDF format as supplied and insert it into our publication. We will email the Client the pdf for approval as often adverts designed in Microsoft or other software can distort/discolour. It is the client’s responsibility to check the advert at this point and ensure it is correct before approving for print. Even with this approval process we cannot guarantee the advert will not distort/discolour when printed.
- We retain copyright of all artwork designed by us until all invoices have been settled in full.
- The positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the publisher, except where a specifically requested placement has been expressly agreed.
- We do not guarantee any type of response to the Client’s advertisements, editorial or articles.
- We shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for reasons beyond our control, the advertisement is delayed or not published.
- In the event of a breach of contract, our maximum liability will be the total value of the order. We will not be held liable for any associated costs incurred by the Client.
- Our contractual terms are between us and the Client. We will not be held liable or made party to any claims made by clients or end users as a result of using the Client’s services. We provide no warranty for any service rendered.
Delivery and Distribution:
- Deliveries of our publications and material are carried out by our own internal, fully managed team and are GPS tracked using a mobile phone app. We guarantee over 95% to be tracked.
- The Client understands and agrees that we do not deliver to every single letterbox in any given area. We do not cover certain flats or houses due to access issues, known dangers or due to operational or logistical reasons where based on our experience, some areas are less responsive to the adverts in our publications. Maps of our distribution areas are available on request. The number of letterboxes we deliver to is a guide, and we always endeavour to over deliver from the minimum numbers stated in our literature and website.
- We also place a number of magazines in each area in places such as libraries, health surgeries and coffee shops. This is a purely complimentary service and is in addition to our minimum numbers stated in our literature and website.
- We will also include the Clients company name within the index section in the back of each publication; this is also offered on a purely complimentary basis and is not guaranteed.
- We will also endeavour to include a complimentary online listing on our website for all current month customers that have placed an advert in any of our publications, but this is not guaranteed. Please note, this does not apply to leaflet drops.
Contract and Payments:
- Payment for our services shall be made by credit / debit card, BACS or Direct Debit, unless otherwise agreed, in advance of our services being supplied and shall be received by us by no later than the 15th day of the month prior to the month of the service being supplied.
- We reserve the right to refuse the publication of an advert or editorial if payment is not received in accordance with section 15 of this agreement.
- All bookings can either be paid in advance or on a monthly, as per section 15 of this agreement. If paid monthly, we will take a debit or credit card for the first payment and subsequent payments will be taken by direct debit on or around the 15th day of each month. Payment is defined as ‘cleared funds.
- If a booking is made with discounted rate as a Recurring Rate but the client cancels before completing the annual contract, we reserve the right to invoice the difference between any discounted rate charged and the full published prices retrospectively for all insertions.
- If the booking is cancelled, suspended, or changed in any way, and then restarted later, the management have the right to charge the appropriate rate based on current published prices/card discount structure at the time.
- Without prejudice to any other rights of The Local Directory Ltd, if the client fails to pay the invoice price by the due date the client shall not be allowed any discount given in that invoice or in any other way agreed and shall pay interest on any overdue amount from the date when payment was due to the date of actual payment. We reserve the right to claim statutory interest at the current Bank of England base rate + 4%. Such interest shall be paid on demand. We shall charge such costs, charges and expenses as may be agreed to enforce the contract.
- Unless otherwise stated all such charges and prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
- We reserve the right to pass outstanding invoices to an appointed debt recovery service provider.
- The Client agrees that these Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales. The Client agrees to bring any enforcement action for a breach of contract solely in such jurisdiction. Should it be determined that any clause within the Terms & Conditions are regarded as unenforceable, the Client agrees that the remaining terms remain enforceable.