Download a copy here (PDF)
The Local Directory Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions are provided to give all our customers full clarity to manage expectations and confirm our levels of service and commitment. Please read them carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
In this document, the following expressions have the following meanings:
“We” or “Us” means The Local Directory Ltd.
The Client means the person or company who accepts a verbal or written quotation from us for advertising, leaflet distribution, printing, online directory listing or design services.
Advertisements and Artwork:
1. We accept no responsibility for claims made by advertisers, works carried out or services provided.
2. All advertisements are accepted by us on the understanding that they are copyright free. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to acquire any necessary permission for the use of any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in their advertisement/editorial/article/any other content.
3. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the advertisement and ensure that it is correct. No responsibility will be taken by us for any errors subsequently identified (i.e. after copy approval). It is the advertiser’s sole responsibility to supply new artwork or advise of or request changes to artwork by the relevant copy deadline.
4. Advert copy should be submitted in hi-res PDF or JPG (min 300 dpi) format. Advert copy will not be sent for approval if the Client supplies their own artwork. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any advert supplied at a lower resolution. These files may be re-sized to fit the appropriate space.
5. If the advert copy is in MS Word/PPT/PUB/Excel format or similar, we will convert it into PDF format as supplied and insert it into our publication. We will email the Client the pdf for approval as often adverts designed in Microsoft or other software can distort/discolour. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the advert at this point and ensure it is correct before approving for print. Even with this approval process we cannot guarantee the advert will not distort/discolour when printed.
6. We retain copyright of all artwork designed by us until all invoices have been settled in full. We will submit final copy of any artwork created by us for proof reading and approval. Thereafter the Client will accept full responsibility for the content.
7. The positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the publisher, except where a specifically requested placement has been agreed.
8. We give no guarantee of the level of response to advertisements/editorial/articles, etc.
9. We shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason the advertisement is not published.
Delivery and Distribution:
10. Deliveries of The Local Directory Ltd publications and client leaflets are carried out by our own internal, fully managed team and are GPS tracked using a mobile phone app. We guarantee over 95% to be tracked.
11. We do not deliver to every single letterbox in every single street in any given area. We do not cover certain flats or houses due to access, no footpaths, known dangers or simply where some areas/roads are less responsive to the adverts in our publications. Maps of our distribution areas are available on request. The number of letterboxes we deliver to is a guide, and we always endeavour to over deliver from the numbers stated in our literature and website.
12. We also place many magazines in each area in libraries, health surgeries and coffee shops. This is a purely complimentary service and is not guaranteed.
13. In addition, we have an index section in the back of each publication; this is also offered on a purely complimentary basis and is not guaranteed.
14. We also offer a complimentary online listing on our website for all current month customers placing an advert in any of our publications (Not leaflet drops).
Contract and Payments:
15. Local Directory Ltd management reserves the right to refuse publication if payment is not received according to the booking’s terms and conditions.
16. For regular ongoing payments, our preferred method of payment is by direct debit. You can also pay by bank transfer or credit/debit card. Unless payment has been otherwise agreed we will not be able to place your ad if we do not have full payment by the 18th day of the month prior to your advertisement appearing.
For payment to be made by bank transfer please quote the following to your bank:
The Local Directory: Santander Bank Sort Code: 09‐01‐50 and Bank Account No. 05220335.
17. All bookings can either be paid in full or monthly. If paid monthly, we will take a debit or credit card for the first payment. Subsequent payments will be taken by direct debit on or around the 18th day of each month. Payment is defined as ‘cleared funds’. Terms are as stated on the invoice.
18. If a booking is made on the annual Recurring Rate but the advertiser cancels before completing the annual contract, we reserve the right to invoice the difference between any discounted rate charged and the full published prices retrospectively for all insertions.
19. The contract may be terminated by either party upon giving one month’s notice by either side.
20. If the booking is cancelled, suspended, or changed in any way, and then restarted later, the management have the right to charge the appropriate rate based on current published prices/card discount structure at the time.
21. Without prejudice to any other rights of The Local Directory Ltd, if the advertiser fails to pay the invoice price by the due date the advertiser shall not be allowed any discount given in that invoice or in any other way agreed and shall pay interest on any overdue amount from the date when payment was due to the date of actual payment. We reserve the right to claim statutory interest at the current Bank of England base rate + 4%. Such interest shall be paid on demand. We shall charge such costs, charges and expenses as may be agreed to complete the contract.
22. Unless otherwise stated all such charges and prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
23. We reserve the right to pass outstanding invoices to an appointed debt recovery service provider.